lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject Is there an easy way to have indexing ignore a CVS subdirectory in the index directory?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:06:00 GMT
I have a Tomcat web module being developed with Netbeans 4.0 ide using
CVS.  One CVS repository holds the sources of my various web files in a
directory structure that directly parallels the standard Tomcat webapp
directory structure.  This is well supported in a fully automated way
within Netbeans.  I have my search index directory as a subdirectory of
WEB-INF, which seemed the natural place to put it.  The index files
themselves are not in the repository.  I want to be able to do CVS
Update for the web module directory tree as a whole.  However, this
places a CVS subdirectory within the index directory, which in turn
causes Lucene indexing to blow up the next time I run it since this is
an unexpected entry in the index directory.  To make things works, to
work around the problem I both need to delete the CVS subdirectory and
find and delete the pointers to it in the Entries file and Netbeans
cache file within the CVS subdirectory of the parent directory.  This is
annoying to say the least.

I've asked the Netbeans users if there is a way to avoid creation of the
index's CVS subdirectory, but the same thing happened using WinCVS and I
so I expect this is not a Netbeans issue.  It could be my relative
ignorance of CVS.

How do others avoid this problem?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck