lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Locking issue
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:10:03 GMT

On Nov 11, 2004, at 1:47 AM, <yahootintin-lucene@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I tried that too and it worked.  The issue is that our
> Operations folks plan to install this on a pretty busy box and I
> was hoping that Lucene wouldn't cause issues if it only had a
> small slice of the CPU.

I don't think that Lucene is causing the issue.  I'd like to wait and
see if others have opinions/suggestions on this issue.  Again, what
your example program is doing is unrealistic - you're hammering the
filesystem and CPU by having infinite loops that do not sleep.  If a
minimal sleep works then I don't think you'll have to concern the
operations folks with a bigger box.

	Erik