lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <>
Subject Re: Index Locking Issues Resolved...I hope
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:38:02 GMT
MySQL does offer a basic fulltext search (with MyISAM tables), but it
doesn't really approach the functionality of Lucene, such as pluggable
tokenizers, stemming, etc.  I think MS SQL server has fulltext search
as well, but I have no idea if it's any good.

> I have not seen clear yet because it is all new.   I wish a database Text field could
have this sort of mechanism built into it.   MySql does not do this (what I am using), but
I am going to check into other databases now.  OJB will work with most all of them so that
would help if there is a database type of solution that will allow that sleep at night thing
to happen!!!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message