lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Wang <john.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index in RAM - is it realy worthy?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:35:09 GMT
In my test, I have 12900 documents. Each document is small, a few
discreet fields (KeyWord type) and 1 Text field containing only 1
sentence.

with both mergeFactor and maxMergeDocs being 1000

using RamDirectory, the indexing job took about 9.2 seconds

not using RamDirectory, the indexing job took about 122 seconds.

I am not calling optimize.

This is on windows Xp running java 1.5.

Is there something very wrong or different in my setup to cause such a
big different?

Thanks

-John