lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Numeric Range Restrictions: Queries vs Filters
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:27:41 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 3:41 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2004, at 2:16 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>> First: Is there any reason Matt Quail's "LongField" class hasn't been
>> added to CVS (or has it and I'm just not seeing it?)
>
> Laziness is the only reason, at least on my part.  I think adding it
> is a great thing.  I'll look into it.

I'm feeling particularly commit-y today.  I dug up Matt Quail's
original LongField contribution in e-mail and adapted it to a new
NumberTools class.  I committed it along with the tests he contributed
also.

I think there needs to be some discussion on what other utility methods
should be added.  For example, most of the numerics I index are
positive integers and using a zero-padded is sufficient.  I'd rather
have clearly recognizable numbers in my fields than some strange
contortion that requires a conversion process to see.

	Erik