lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: auto-generate uid?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:56:33 GMT
On Nov 22, 2004, at 4:39 PM, aurora wrote:
> Just to clarify. I have a Field 'uid' those value is an unique
> integer. I use it as a key to the document stored externally. I don't
> mean Lucene's internal document number.
>
> I was wonder if there is a method to query the highest value of a
> field, perhaps something like:
>
>   IndexReader.maxTerm('uid')

There isn't quite that type of API, though you can skip to a known one
and enumerate from there:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/
TermEnum.html#skipTo(org.apache.lucene.index.Term)

IndexReader gives you a TermEnum from either the terms() method or the
terms(Term) method.

	Erik