lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi" <r...@htinc.com>
Subject Search scalability
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:24:23 GMT
 We have one large index for a document repository of 800,000 documents.
The size of the index is 800MB. When we do searches against the index,
it takes 300-500ms for a single search. We wanted to test the
scalability and tried 100 parallel searches against the index with the
same query and the average response time was 13 seconds. We used a
simple IndexSearcher. Same searcher object was shared by all the
searches. I'm sure people have success in configuring lucene for better
scalability. Can somebody share their approach?

Thanks
Ravi.