lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <bernhard.mes...@intrafind.de>
Subject Re: Does lucene makes any compression
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:10:31 GMT
The lucene version from CVS head does now have a option to store and
compress whole text files (binary fields within a lucene document) thru
GZip. The index itself is not GZip compressed. Due to the nature of how
the index is created and stored, it is very effectiv regarding to
diskspace without the need of additional compression.

I have no idea if the new functionality is already adapted within the c#
port.

regards
Bernhard