lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: UPDATION+MERGERINDEX
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:59:50 GMT
Well if you do all the steps in one run, I guess optimizing once at the
end would be faster overall, but all you have to do is test it out and
time it, performance wise, I don't think that step 3 (OPTIMIZE) in
scenario (a) will really improve the performance of the new index merge.

my 2 cents

Nader Henein