lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Is there an easy way to have indexing ignore a CVS subdirectory in the index directory?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:42:33 GMT
Chuck Williams wrote:

>Otis, thanks for looking at this.  The stack trace of the exception is
>below.  I looked at the code.  It wants to delete every file in the
>index directory, but fails to delete the CVS subdirectory entry
>(presumably because it is marked read-only; the specific exception is
>swallowed).  Even if it could delete the CVS subdirectory, this would
>just cause another problem with Netbeans/CVS, since it wouldn't know how
>to fix up the pointers in the parent CVS subdirectory.  Is there a
>change I could make that would cause it to safely leave this alone?

Why do you have the lucene index in CVS? From what I know the lucene
index folder shouldn't contain any other folder,
just the lucene files.  I think it won't be any problem to delete CVS
folder from lucene index and to remove the index from CVS.
If you are affraid to do that .. you can move the CVS subfolder from
lucene index into another folder ... and restore if you have any
problems. I'm sure you will have no problem ... but this is just for
your trust...

 Sergiu