lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Faster highlighting with TermPositionVectors (update)
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:25:13 GMT
Having revisited the original TokenSources code it looks like one of the
optimisations I put in will fail if fields are stored with
non-contiguous position info (ie the analyzer has messed with token
position numbers so they overlap or have gaps like ..3,3,7,8,9,..).
I've now made the TokenSources code safe by default by assuming token
position values are not contiguous and should not be used for sorting.
For those who know what they are doing  I have added a parameter to one
of the methods to turn the optimisation back on if they can guarantee
positions are contigous.

New code is at the same place:
http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/TokenSources.java

Cheers