lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanyi <need4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the best file system for Lucene?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:28:39 GMT
> Interesting, what are your merge settings

Sorry, I didn't mention that I was talking about search performance.
I'm using the same, fully optimized index on both systems.
(I've generated both indexes with the same code from the same database on the actual OS)

> which JDK are you using?

I'm using the same Sun JDK on both systems.
I've tried so far:
j2sdk1.4.2_04 _05 and _06.
I didn't notice speed differences between these subversions.
Do you know about significant speed differences between them I should notice?

> Have you tried with hyperthreading turned off on #2?

No, but I will try it if the problem isn't in the file system.
I hope that the reason of slowness is reiserfs, because it is the easiest to change.

What file systems are you people using Lucene on? And what are your experiences?

Regards,
Sanyi