lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index in RAM - is it realy worthy?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:23:40 GMT
For the Lucene book I wrote some test cases that compare FSDirectory
and RAMDirectory.  What I found was that with certain settings
FSDirectory was almost as fast as RAMDirectory.  Personally, I would
push FSDirectory and hope that the OS and the Filesystem do their share
of work and caching for me before looking for ways to optimize my code.

Otis