lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanyi <need4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Phrase search for more than 4 words throws exception in QueryParser
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:09:59 GMT
Hi!

How to perform phrase searches for more than four words?

This works well with 1.4.2:
"aa bb cc dd"
I pass the query as a command line parameter on XP: "\"aa bb cc dd\""
QueryParser translates it to: text:aa text:bb text:cc text:dd
Runs, searches, finds proper matches.

This throws exeption in QueryParser:
"aa bb cc dd ee"
I pass the query as a command line parameter on XP: "\"aa bb cc dd ee\""
The exception's text is:
: org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Lexical error at line 1, column
13.  Encountered: <EOF> after : "\"aa bb cc dd"

It doesn't matter what words I enter, the only thing that matters is the number of words which
can
be four at max.

Regards,
Sanyi