lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanyi <need4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Bug in the BooleanQuery optimizer? ..TooManyClauses
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:57:22 GMT
> That's the point: there is no query optimizer in Lucene.

Sorry, I'm not very much into Lucene's internal Classes, I'm just telling your the viewpoint
of a
user. You know my users aren't technicians, so answers like yours won't make them happy.
They will only see that I randomly don't allow them to search (with the 1024 limit). They
won't
understand why am I displaying "Please restrict your search a bit more.." when they've just
searched for "dodge AND vip*" and there are only a few documents mathcing this criteria.

So, is the only way to make them able to search happily by setting the max. clause limit to
MaxInt?!