lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanyi <>
Subject Re: Bug in the BooleanQuery optimizer? ..TooManyClauses
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:57:22 GMT
> That's the point: there is no query optimizer in Lucene.

Sorry, I'm not very much into Lucene's internal Classes, I'm just telling your the viewpoint
of a
user. You know my users aren't technicians, so answers like yours won't make them happy.
They will only see that I randomly don't allow them to search (with the 1024 limit). They
understand why am I displaying "Please restrict your search a bit more.." when they've just
searched for "dodge AND vip*" and there are only a few documents mathcing this criteria.

So, is the only way to make them able to search happily by setting the max. clause limit to

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: