lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Search scalability
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 05:36:16 GMT

100 parallel searches going against a single index on a single disk
means a lot of disk seeks all happening at once.  One simple way of
working around this is to load your FSDirectory into RAMDirectory.
This should be faster (could you report your
observations/comparisons?).  You can also try using ramfs if you are
using Linux.