lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nhan Nguyen Dang <ndnhan2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to store document
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:07:28 GMT
Hi Otis,
Please let me know what HEAD version of Lucene is?
Actually, I'm consider the advantages of storing document using Lucene Stored field - For
 my Search engine.
I've tested with thousands of documents and see that retrieve document (in this case XML file)
with Lucene is a little bit faster than using FS. But I cannot test with a large number of
data to hava an accurate comparision.
So whether Lucene can support millions of document, still balance and retrieve the with approriate
speed.
Nhan