lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Filters for Openoffice File Indexing available (Java)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:43 GMT
On Monday 08 November 2004 11:30, Joachim Arrasz wrote:

> So now we are looking for search and index Filters for Lucene, that
> weÂŽre able to integrate out OpenOffice Files also into search result.

I don't know of any existing solutions, but it's not so difficult to write
one: Extract the ZIP file using Java's built-in ZIP classes and parse
content.xml and meta.xml. I'm not sure if whitespace issues might become
tricky, e.g. two paragraphs could be in the file as
inserted
between them ("<p>" was just an example, I don't know what OpenOffice.org
actually uses).

Regards
 Daniel

--