lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nhan Nguyen Dang <ndnhan2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using Lucene to store document
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:20:05 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using Lucene to index XML document/ file (may be millions of documents in future, each
about 5-10KB)
Beside the index for searching, I want to use Lucene to store whole document content with
UnIndexed fields -content field(instead of store each document in a XML file). All the document
content will be stored on a separate index. Each time I want to get access to a document,
I will let Lucene retrieve it.

I am consider this issue with another one "Use file system to store document content in separate
XML document" means, 400K document ill be stored in 400K XML file in file system.

Purpose of this is that I can access each document rapidly. Can any body who has experience
with this problem before give me advise which method is suitable ? Is this better to collect
all documents to an Lucene index or store them separately in file system ?

Thanks,
Dang Nhan