lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Is there an easy way to have indexing ignore a CVS subdirectory in the index directory?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:30:58 GMT
Hi Chuck,

You could modify FSDirectory to skip any directories and delete only
files (file.isDirectory() type of check).  Since FSDirectory
implementation doesn't create any sub-directories in an index dir, this
should be safe to do.  If you do this, please add a patch to Bugzilla.

Otis

--- Chuck Williams <chuck@manawiz.com> wrote:

> Otis, thanks for looking at this.  The stack trace of the exception
> is
> below.  I looked at the code.  It wants to delete every file in the
> index directory, but fails to delete the CVS subdirectory entry
> (presumably because it is marked read-only; the specific exception is
> swallowed).  Even if it could delete the CVS subdirectory, this would
> just cause another problem with Netbeans/CVS, since it wouldn't know
> how
> to fix up the pointers in the parent CVS subdirectory.  Is there a
> change I could make that would cause it to safely leave this alone?
>
> This problem only arises on a full index (incremental == false <=>
> create == true).  Incremental indexes work fine in my app.
>
> Chuck
>
> java.io.IOException: Cannot delete CVS
>     at
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.create(FSDirectory.java:144)
>     at
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.<init>(FSDirectory.java:128)
>     at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:102)