lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Morus Walter <morus.wal...@tanto.de>
Subject Re: Using multiple analysers within a query
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:17:10 GMT
Erik Hatcher writes:

> > If your query isn't entered by users, you shouldn't use query parser in
> > most cases anyway.
>
> I'd go even further and say in all cases.

If you use lucene as a search server you have to provide the query somehow.
E.g. we have an php application, that sends queries to a lucene search
servlet.
In this case it's justifiable to serialize the query into query parser
syntax on the client side and have query parser read the query again on
the server side.
I don't recall any problems with the aproach since we clean up the user
before constructing the query.

Morus