lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Morus Walter <morus.wal...@tanto.de>
Subject Re: Using multiple analysers within a query
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:56:58 GMT
Kauler, Leto S writes:

> Would anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done?  I was
> thinking maybe the QueryParser would have to be changed/extended to
> accept a separator other than colon ":", something like "=" for example
> to indicate this clause is not to be tokenised.

I suggested that in a recent discussion and Erik Hatcher objected that
it isn't a good idea, to require that users know which field to query
in which way. I guess he is right.
If your query isn't entered by users, you shouldn't use query parser in
most cases anyway.

> Or perhaps this can all
> be done using a single analyser?

Look at PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.
You will probably have to write a keyword analyzer (unless you can use
whitespace analyzer in your case).

HTH
	Morus