lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thierry Ferrero (Itldev.info)" <ferr...@itldev.info>
Subject Searching in keyword field ?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:18:19 GMT
Hi All,

Can i search only one word in a keyword field which contains few words.
I know keyword field isn't tokenized. After many tests, i think is
impossible.
Someone can confirm me ?

Why don't i use a text field? because the users know the category from a
list (ex: category ABC, category DEF GHI, category  JKL ...) and the keyword
field 'category' can contains severals terms (ABC, DEF GHI, OPQ RST).
I use a SnowBallAnalyzer for text field in indexing.
Perhaps the better way for me, is to use a text field with the value "ABC
DEF_GHI  JKL_NOPQ" where categorys are concatinated with a "_".
Thanks for your reply !

Thierry.