lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Satoshi Hasegawa" <haseg...@p03.worldsoftware.co.jp>
Subject Query#rewrite Question
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:51:54 GMT
Hello,

Our program accepts input in the form of Lucene query syntax from the user,
but we wish to perform additional tasks such as thesaurus expansion. So I
want to manipulate the Query object that results from parsing.

My question is, is the result of the Query#rewrite method guaranteed to be
either a TermQuery, a PhraseQuery, or a BooleanQuery, and if it is a
BooleanQuery, do all the constituent clauses also reduce to one of the above
three classes? If not, what if the original Query object was the one that
was obtained from QueryParser#parse method? Can I assume the above in this
restricted case?

I experimented with the current version, and the above seems to be positive
in this version; I'm asking if this could change in the future. Thank you.