lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@hypermedia.com>
Subject Lock Issues
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:39:44 GMT
Hi;

I am working to integrate lucene into a internal site. The site contains .pdf, .doc and .xml
files. I need to index all of them.

My indexer runs in the do get method of a servlet for now (I am trying to make a demo for
my boss).

Once I get this working I will move all the logic into a class that can be instantiated by
the application.

Things we working ok until I integrated the pdfbox. Now I get:

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\temp\lucene-b826e0c22cbd003cd1a6f908eda9894f-write.lock

I think there might be a conflict between the reader I have open already and what ever happens
in here:

LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(file);

Has anyone done something like this before? Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,

Luke