lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Greenane" <rich...@supportsit.com>
Subject RE: Index File
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:07:08 GMT
You might wat to look at LUKE @ http://www.getopt.org/luke/
A great tool for checking the index to make sure that everything is
there

Regards

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Shannon [mailto:lshannon@hypermedia.com]
Sent: 12 November 2004 23:54
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Index File

Hi;

Is there someway to determine if specific contents are in the index
folder other than running a query against it?

I see that my document is being indexed. But when I run a query against
the index I get no results returned.

The weird thing is if I restart TomCat and run the search again the
correct results are found.

Half this system was built by someone else (the execution of the search
query and displaying of the results). I only handle the indexing. I
would like to find a way to definitely ensure that the index file is
properly being created.

Any ideas? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Luke