lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harald Tijink" <har...@marktplaats.nl>
Subject Lucene web demo problems
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:30:56 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had the following problem before and knows
how to solve it.

I have a Debian Linux server on which I have running:
- Tomcat 4 as standalone server
- Java version "1.4.2_06"
- Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_06-b03)
- Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed mode)
- Lucene: lucene-1.4.2.jar

Tested the Tomcat 4 examples, no problems here.

Then I created an index in /opt/lucene/index with the command:
  java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index /opt/lucene/index
..

Still no problems, the files are created fine...but then I tried the web
interface. The first page shown fine (index.jsp). Then I entered some
keywords and hit "Search".

Now, the error on the bottom of this email is given and I can't get rid
of it.

I tried several things:
- tested if the lucene classes could be imported. At default no
compilation errors are given for results.jsp, but when I insert a
non-existing class in the import an error is given. My conclusion was:
the classes are imported ok
- tested if a simple java class could be compiled and the output shown
in Tomcat. No problems at all
- tested only the line <% IndexReader ir =
IndexReader.open("/opt/lucene/index"); %> between the header and footer
inclusion.
YES, the error occured. But now I completely stuck.

Anyone any idea how I can remove this problem?

Cheers,

Harald Tijink

THE ERROR:
type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:254)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFi
lterChain.java:98)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterC
hain.java:176)
	at
erChain.java:172)
	at
e.java:256)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
e.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:242
2)
	at
:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:171)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:82
8)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:58
4)
	at
.java:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImpl.java:536)
	at org.apache.jsp.results_jsp._jspService(results_jsp.java:134)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:210)