lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <paul.fuehr...@gmail.com>
Subject problems deleting documents / design question
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:42:21 GMT
Hi,
I'm creating an index from several database tables. Every item within
every table has a unique id which is saved in some kind of id-field
and the table name in an other one. So together they form a unique
identifier within the index. When deleting / updating an item I need
to retrieve it. My first idea was
indexreader.delete(new Term("id", "id-value"));
but this could delete several entries as id-value may appear in
several databases.
My second idea was to combine database name and id to form a kind of
unique identifier but this seems to be not the right way as the
problem may occur again with some sub-ids within a certain table.
So my question is: is it possible to determine the item to be deleted
by more than one term?

thx,
Paul