lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin Swanhart <greenl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup strategies
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:17:19 GMT
I would suggest that you create a lock file for your index writing
process, if the lock file is encountered close the IndexWriter until
the lock file is removed.  After you create the lockfile, wait a few
seconds to make sure the writer process has quiesced, then create a
snapshot of the filesystem.  Remove the lockfile and backup the
snapshot with your favorite backup tool (exclude the lock file), then
drop the snapshot.

Swany