lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject single quote unicode character
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:50:15 GMT
The dataset that I index is pretty dynamic and flexible, and I started
to notice a incorrectly displayed character on some of my results...
some debugging showed that it was a the Unicode character for single
quote which is 8217 decimal. As far as I know, everything is fine
before I index, but when retrieving the content, I receive a character
that cannot be displayed on the java servlet I use to display them.
How can I make lucene be vary general and accept and return all
encoded/non-encoded chars are they were in their original state?