lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From iouli.golova...@group.novartis.com
Subject Re: Need advice: what pdf lib to use?
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:12:37 GMT
Yes Ben, You are right.

This would be correct functionality from technical perspective. But look
it my way with application programmer eyes reporting to big boss that c.
30% of doc we cope with could not be indexed because of this stupid
limitation. Neither he or me have any influence on pdf owners and any
ideas about what made  them create files with documet security set.

In short, if You also could implement this "uncorrect functionality"  the
"closed source" guys did, it would be really great!

As far as sponsoring is concerned I would be ready to hack (or at least to
try) it even for 1/3 of that fortune:)))

J.

Ben Litchfield <ben@csh.rit.edu>
25.10.2004 14:02
Please respond to "Lucene Users List"