lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject Analysis Re visited
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:05:35 GMT

Hi

Guys

Apologies.......

  Can some body tell me ,What I have been doing wrong on the Lucene
basics.........  : > (  [6 months 15 days]

 Using Lucene 1.4.1 O/s Win/Linux Ram 1GB

 I used a modified version of StandardAnalyzer.java  [ called it
GrammerAnalyzer.java ] and added  Symbols  '$,@,#,&'

 to the same,  Also when added this Analyzer to AnalysisDemo.java avaliable
from web site

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/07/30/LuceneIntro.html?page=last#thre
ad

1) On search of '$100.50' the AnalysisDemo returned for the analyzer  used
as  '[100.00]'

2)So I Used the same Analyzer for Indexing Purpose / Searching Purpose.

3)On Hacking the Luke's src [added the same GrammerAnalyzer] file
  avaliable from  http://www.getopt.org/luke/

 When I looked at the File containing for the same values , I was surpriced
to find '$100.50' instead of  100.50

Please Somebody Advise me..........

Thx in advance

      WITH WARM REGARDS