lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject Range Query
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:05:06 GMT

Hi

Guys

Apologies.........

I  have  a Field Type  "Text"  'ItemPrice' ,  Using it to Store  " Price
Factor in numeric " such as  10, 25.25 , 50.00....

If I am suppose to Find the Range factor  between 2   prices

ex -
                 Contents:shoes +ItemPrice:[10.00 TO 50.60]

I get results  other  then the Range that has been  executed   [This may be
due to query parsing the Ascii values instead of  numeric values ]

Am  I am missing something in the Querry syntax  or Is this the wrong way to
construct the Query.

Please Somebody Advise me.... ASAP.....  :(

Thx in advance

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]