lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: Range Query
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:15:29 GMT
Hi

   Jonathan

  "When searching I also pad the query term" ???

   When Exactly are u handling this  [ using During Indexing Process Also or
while  Search on Process Only  ]

   Can u be Please  be specific.............

   [  if time permits and possible please can u send me the sample Code for
the same ]

   . :)

 Thx in advance

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Hager [mailto:jhager@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 3:31 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Range Query

That is exactly right.  It is searching the ASCII.  To solve it I pad
my price using a method like this:

  /**
   * Pads the Price so that all prices are the same number of characters and
   * can be compared lexigraphically.
   * @param price
   * @return
   */
  public static String formatPriceAsString(Double price) {
    if (price == null) {
      return null;
    }
    return PRICE_FORMATTER.format(price.doubleValue());
  }

where PRICE_FORMATTER contains enough digits for your largest number.

  private static final DecimalFormat PRICE_FORMATTER = new
DecimalFormat("0000000.00");

When searching I also pad the query term.  I looked into hooking into
QueryParser, but since the lower/upper prices for my application are
different inputs, I choose to handle them without hooking into the
QueryParser.

Jonathan