lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Analysis Re visited
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:37:23 GMT

On Oct 21, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
>  I used a modified version of StandardAnalyzer.java  [ called it
> GrammerAnalyzer.java ] and added  Symbols  '$,@,#,&'
>
>  to the same,  Also when added this Analyzer to AnalysisDemo.java
> avaliable
> from web site
>

> http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/07/30/LuceneIntro.html?
> page=last#thre
> ad

I'm glad someone is making use of this :)

> 1) On search of '$100.50' the AnalysisDemo returned for the analyzer
> used
> as  '[100.00]'

Seems fine.

> 2)So I Used the same Analyzer for Indexing Purpose / Searching Purpose.

A wise thing to do, generally speaking.

> 3)On Hacking the Luke's src [added the same GrammerAnalyzer] file
>   avaliable from  http://www.getopt.org/luke/
>
>  When I looked at the File containing for the same values , I was
> surpriced
> to find '$100.50' instead of  100.50

I presume you are looking at the value of the field, not the terms
indexed.  Stored fields keep their original value in the index, but
also index the term(s) that come from the analysis process (or as-is in
the case of Field.Keyword).

	Erik