lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Stopwords in Exact phrase
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:46:22 GMT
On Oct 27, 2004, at 3:36 PM, Ravi wrote:
>  Is there way to include stopwords in an exact phrase search? For
> example, when I search on "Melbourne IT", Lucene only searches for
> Melbourne ignoring "IT".

But you want stop words removed for general term queries?

Have a look at how Nutch does its thing - it has a very similar type of
situation where it deals with common terms differently if they are in a
phrase.

There are other choices - use a different analyzer, and if you want
that used only for phrase queries you can override QueryParser and its
getFieldQuery method.

	Erik