lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <b...@otherwise.com>
Subject Searching for a path
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:22:39 GMT
I have a need to search an index for documents that were taken ffrom
particulars files in the filesystem.

Each document in the index has a field named "url" that is created
using:

	doc.add(Field.Text("url", urlStr));

I understand this is both stored and indexed.

My search works if I do something like:

	String queryStr = "\"file:///someDir/someOtherDir/File.txt\""
  	query = MultiFieldQueryParser.parse("url:" + queryString,
searchedFields, new StandardAnalyzer());
  	hits = searcher.search(query);

It is important for me to quote the path for the search to succeed

I was hoping to speed the search up a bit by bypassing the QueryParser.
  However, if I do something like

	String queryStr = "\"file:///someDir/someOtherDir/File.txt\""
	Query query = new TermQuery(new Term("url", queryStr));
	hits = searcher.search(query);

I get zero hits.  Why are these not equivalent?  I think it has
something to do with the fact that the url needs to be quoted so I
search for an exact match.  It does work if I have stored the url as a
"Field.Keyword" rather than as "Field.Text" and then don't need to
quote the string.  However I would prefer not to have to change the
format of the index.

Thanks for any help.

--
Bill Tschumy