lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <b...@otherwise.com>
Subject Re: Google Desktop Could be Better
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:26:45 GMT

On Oct 16, 2004, at 9:47 PM, Ben Litchfield wrote:

>> types.  It uses Lucene underneath.  I'm thinking about extending it in
>> the direction that Google Desktop is going and automatically index
>> certain file types and directories in your system.
>
> And of course supporting PDF documents right!
>
> Ben
> http://www.pdfbox.org

Ahem...  right...  My next version will do a better job with PDF and
RTF files.  I've looked at pdfBox, but the jar file is so big that I
hate to burden my users by incorporating it.  Any chance of getting a
smaller version that just does the text extraction?  Your jar file is
more than twice the size of my entire application including
documentation.  I really would like to solve this problem.
--
Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX