lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Null or no analyzer
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:28:45 GMT

On Oct 20, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Aviran wrote:
> AFIK if the term "Election 2004" will be between quotation marks this
> should
> work fine.

No, it won't.  The Analyzer will analyze it, and the WhitespaceAnalyzer
would split it into two tokens [Election] and [2004].

This is a tricky situation with no clear *best* way to do this sort of
thing.  However, given what I've seen of this thread so far I'd
recommend using the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper and associate the fields
indexed as Field.Keyword with a KeywordAnalyzer.  There have been some
variants of this posted on the list - it is not included in the API,
however perhaps it should be.  Or perhaps there are other options to
solve this recurring dilemma folks have with Field.Keyword indexed
fields and QueryParser?

	Erik