lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "James Tyrrell" <jr_tyrr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Indexing process causes Tomcat to stop working
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:49:22 GMT
Aad,
      D'oh forgot to mention that mildly important info. Rather than
re-index I am just creating a new index each time, this makes things easier
to roll-back etc (which is what my boss wants). the command line is
something like <java com.lucene.IndexHTML -create -index indexstore/ ..> I
have wondered about whether sessions could be a problem, but I don't think
so, otherwise wouldn't a restart of Tomcat be sufficient rather than a
reboot? I even tried the killall command on java & tomcat then started
everything again to no avail.

cheers,

JT