lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <b...@otherwise.com>
Subject Re: Google Desktop Could be Better
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:30:10 GMT
Tom,

I've recently released Parsnips for Mac, Windows and Linux.  It is a
drag and drop app for storing and indexing bits of text and other file
types.  It uses Lucene underneath.  I'm thinking about extending it in
the direction that Google Desktop is going and automatically index
certain file types and directories in your system.

For more info about Parsnips see:
<http://www.otherwise.com/Parsnips.html>

On Oct 15, 2004, at 9:10 AM, Tom Cunningham wrote:

> I'd be interested in trying to implement some of these ideas on Mac OS
> X, mostly because it's not already covered by Google Desktop, and I
> think the screensaver idea would work pretty well there.  Anyone else
> want to give this a shot?
>

> On Friday, October 15, 2004, at 03:57AM, Kevin A. Burton
> <burton@newsmonster.org> wrote:
>

>> http://www.peerfear.org/rss/permalink/2004/10/15/
>> GoogleDesktopCouldBeBetter/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator).  Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an
>> invite!  Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.
>>
>> Rojo is Hiring! - http://www.rojonetworks.com/JobsAtRojo.html
>>
>> If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then
>> you
>> should work for Rojo!  If you recommend someone and we hire them
>> you'll
>> get a free iPod!
>>
>> Kevin A. Burton, Location - San Francisco, CA
>>       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://peerfear.org/
>> GPG fingerprint: 5FB2 F3E2 760E 70A8 6174 D393 E84D 8D04 99F1 4412

Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX
http://www.otherwise.com