lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Range Query
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:37:28 GMT
On Oct 21, 2004, at 3:32 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> I will have to Re - Index all my 1 Million subindexes with the 'Price
> FieldType'  padded of to  standard no of '0' s.
>
> So can use the code modified   while Searching to find the range of
> Query...
>

> [   Is there any other way to  handle this Only during
> SearchProcesss... ]

Reindexed is the wisest choice.  There are very complicated ways of
doing it only during searching, but not worth the effort I don't think.
  You could write your own custom Query subclass that could walk all the
terms and select the ones in the range.  But keep in mind that what you
have indexed is not ordered in an efficient manner for searching -
reindexing is recommended.

	Erik