lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <>
Subject Re: Index + Searching
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:48:16 GMT

Could be your best bet is to use HTML <meta> tags. Create tags
for name, description, etc. (title is already parsed). The HTML parser
that ships with Lucene will parse these tags into java Properties. You
will need to hack a bit, but you can easily pick these up and add them
as specific fields to your index.

At 02:42 PM 10/13/2004, you wrote:
>I am using the IndexHTML class to index around 30,000 files and it is
>working fine. Question that I have is, is there a way to add multiple
>fields to index so that when the actual search is performed I can extract
>the exact match.
>the fields can be
>1) title - abc
>2) name - foo inc,
>3) description - Lorem ipsum dolor sit
>4) URL - www.lorem.ipsum
>and so on,
> From search when the match for title 'abc' is found then searching for
> doc.get("name") can return foo inc and so on.
>Is this already happening in any other indexing class if not what do I
>need to add to IndexHTML class to accomplish this?
>thanks for all the help gang.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: