lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Google Desktop Could be Better
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:34:36 GMT

On Oct 15, 2004, at 16:10, Tom Cunningham wrote:

> I'd be interested in trying to implement some of these ideas on Mac OS
> X, mostly because it's not already covered by Google Desktop, and I
> think the screensaver idea would work pretty well there.  Anyone else
> want to give this a shot?

"Google invades (Windows) desktops: what's the Mac plan?"
http://www.bmannconsulting.com/node/1350

"Google Desktop Search - It's About Time, But Not Complete"
http://bradnickel.com/?q=node/view/105

On the other hand, Apple is introducing Spotlight in their next Mac OS
X iteration:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/spotlight.html
http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/spotlighttech.html

While waiting for Godot, you may want to consider the existing Search
Kit framework as an alternative to Lucene for Mac OS X specific tasks:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Reference/
SearchKit/

Cheers,

PA.