lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: new version of NewMultiFieldQueryParser
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:59:20 GMT
Morus Walter wrote:

>Bill Janssen writes:
>

>>>Try to see the behavior if you want to have a single term query ....
>>>juat something like: "robust" .. and print out the query string ...
>>>

>>Sure, that works fine.  For instance, if you have the three default
>>fields "title", "authors", and "contents", the one-word search
>>"robust" expands to
>>
>>   title:foobar authors:foobar contents:foobar
>>
>>just as it should.
>>

>>> Try to see what is happening with Prefix, Wild, and Fuzzy searches ...
>>>

>>Good point.  My older version (see below) found these, but the new one
>>doesn't.  Oh, well, back to the working version.  I knew there was some
>>reason getFieldQuery wasn't sufficient.
>>

>wouldn't it be better to go on and overwrite the methods creating these
>types of queries too?
>
>Morus

Yes that't what I wanted to suggest ...
The query parser work fine  if you add all types of query parser ... but
it was not working correctly in the case of single tem.
Therefore I test this first and I create a Query by using the normal
MultifieldQueryParser.
Maybe is not the best solution but it works perfect ... and I had to
write just a few lines of code ....

 Sergiu