lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Null or no analyzer
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:38:20 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I don't like the idea of users having to know how a field was indexed
> though.  That seems to defeat the purpose of a general-purpose
> QueryParser.
>
>     Erik

I agree that, but maybe lucene should provide some subclasses of
QueryParser that should deal this problems.
I'm just a lucene user, not a lucene developer, but I have had to
implement a Extension for MultifieldQueryParser
to fix some not wanted behaviour that I already discussed in the mailing
list.
These problems that user face with creating the right qeury strings,
(with the special case of untokenized fileds) togheter
with MultifieldQueryParser problems, MultiSearcher problems ... I think
that all together suggest the idea of creating a
QueryParser class hierarchy.

  What do you think about that?

  All the best,

 Sergiu