lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Null or no analyzer
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:41:58 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Aviran wrote:
>
>> AFIK if the term "Election 2004" will be between quotation marks this
>> should
>> work fine.
>

> No, it won't.  The Analyzer will analyze it, and the
> WhitespaceAnalyzer would split it into two tokens [Election] and [2004].
>
> This is a tricky situation with no clear *best* way to do this sort of
> thing.  However, given what I've seen of this thread so far I'd
> recommend using the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper and associate the fields
> indexed as Field.Keyword with a KeywordAnalyzer.  There have been some
> variants of this posted on the list - it is not included in the API,
> however perhaps it should be.  Or perhaps there are other options to
> solve this recurring dilemma folks have with Field.Keyword indexed
> fields and QueryParser?
>
>     Erik

I still don't understand what is wrong with the Idea of indexing the
title in a separate field and searching with a Phrase query
+title:"Elections 2004" ?
I think that the real problem is that the title is not tokenized and the
title contains more then "Elections 2004"

I think it is worthing to give a try to this solution.

Or maybe I don't understand the problem correctly ...

All the best,

 Sergiu