lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Encrypted indexes
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:26:14 GMT
Well, are you "storing" any data for retrieval from the index, because
you could encrypt the actual data and then encrypt the search string
public key style.

Nader Henein

Weir, Michael wrote:

>We need to have index files that can't be reverse engineered, etc. An
>obvious approach would be to write a 'FSEncryptedDirectory' class, but
>sounds like a performance killer.
>
>Does anyone have experience in making an index secure?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Michael Weir
>
>       This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have
received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate
or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and
notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.