lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@asml.com>
Subject Re: searching using the CJKAnalyzer
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:31:13 GMT
Jon Schuster wrote:

>I didn't need to make any changes to Entities to get Japanese searches working. Are you
using the CJKAnalyzer when you perform the search, not only when building the index?

Yes, I use CJKAnalyzer all around. When searching I translate
character-entities in order to find anything. When displaying search
results, I don't see anything that looks as being part of an eastern
character set. instead I see accented latin - and mathematical symbols.

When I don't pass entities by the way things get really nasty:
query passed: >Θ??µ░╕<
 char(Θ, LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT)  char(?, LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT) token found :
 >Θ< length: 1
 char(?, LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT)  char(µ, LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT)  char(░,
LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT) token found : >µ< length: 1
 char(╕, LATIN_1_SUPPLEMENT) searching contents:"Θ µ"

This was a query for two japanese characters.