lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@asml.com>
Subject Re: indexing numeric entities?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:00:52 GMT
Daan Hoogland wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>Does anyone do indexeing of numeric entities for japanese characters? I
>>have (non-x)html containing those entities and need to index and search
>>them.
>>

>Can the CJKAnalyzer index a string like "&#9679;&#20837;&#31038;"? It
>seems to be ignored completely when used with the demo. There was talk
>on this list of fixes for the demo HTMLParser, do these adres this
>issue? When I look ate the code it seems that the entities should have
>been interpreted before indexing. What am I missing?
>
>Any comment please?
>Or a pointer to a howto for dumm^H^H^H^H^H westerners?

Indexing the attached document using the HTMLParser demo and the
CJKAnalyzer, only the term "japan" is found in the content. This is not
correct, is it?
Should I convert the entities by hand?

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may
be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review,